Happy Valentine's Day? I only looked forward to Valentine's Day when I was teaching. In Kindergarten because of the party we'd have and the kids would get so dressed up and share treats make crafts, it was fun! When I taught upper grades, we'd always spend the day on the St. Valentine's Day Massacre...Al Capone, etc. It was a good day no matter how you looked at it. =)
Anymore, it is just a money sucker. Do I like the surprise of dinner and gifts? Yes. But we don't have the money these days and I don't think my husband thinks I like that kind of stuff. I do.
Living in this town puts a toll on you, too. There is no surprise going to dinner. As soon as you leave Somerset, you know you're going somewhere good!
Anyway.....I am still feeling very cranky lately. I have been doing a book study called A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. It is really awesome and so full of the truth and what God gives us as our role as women. The first five chapters was about being and godly wife. I loved it! I was into it! I got it! Then, about Chapter 8 or so, we start to get into the "mom" part....oh my!! I am so discouraged. These stories in there are ridiculous about how the mom has snacks ready each day for her daughter and they sit on the porch and have their after school snack for an hour and then perfect mom goes to get dinner prepared before her hubby comes home from his wonderful job. Please.
I need the story of the stay at home mom in Small town, USA whose husband may be home at six or maybe 3 or maybe 7:30 or noon and whose kids are going to therapy, the other to sports practice, and the baby might need to be woken up from his nap to go get in the car to drive the kids to these things, then the same kids need to be taken to swim practice, picked up, fed dinner, taken to a sports event or church group all within hours of each other. Oh, and the mom is pregnant, so the tired factor is through the roof? Where is THAT story?
I guess I just told it to you. I guess, too, that wonderfulness will not be achieved in one week. I just don't want my older kids to miss out and think I was a better mom to the younger kids. One day, when I have it all together, all figured out (hahahahaha)...I want to write my own book. About average mom and average family who struggles and has been through the wringer and then encourage other people to do the same...write the book. I won't have one of those down-n-out-and-now-more-money-than-we-can-count type of stories...just average...sticking it out, mucking through, "just keep swimming" type of stories.
I need patience and faith. Lord, please take my crankiness from me and throw it in the deepest ocean. Let me have courage and rest. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment